Thursday, March 29, 2012

Inspiration

Om Mani Padme Hum
 A young man in his early 30's came to yoga last night. In the beginning of class he told me he hadn't been on a yoga mat in three years, and hadn't done anything very physical in a year. He was game for anything in class and he did keep up though it was pretty challenging for him. I encouraged child's pose when he looked a bit shaky. After class he was so happy to have come, so grateful and said he felt great and class was great and thanked me. He also told me last year he was diagnosed with leukemia and had been through chemotherapy and that's why he was weak. My heart melts for his bravery in coming to class, his smile, his ability to find the play in asana and to quote Dan, "I'm not in a hurry." We all can benefit from his wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment