When I lead a whole foods detox there are three main components:
- Cooking and eating whole vegan food
- Contemplative practice
- Group support system via Face Book
Three reasons why you would want to do a whole foods detox:
- Reduce inflammation - this is huge and has an overall impact on mood, joint health and energy
- Feel lighter - recognize changes you can make that effect you, others and the environment and yeah, you may shed a few pounds
- Look at addictions - foods, drink, habits and patterns by removing dramatically mood altering foods and substances
I am excited to present in the new year this 6 day whole foods detox as a few people asked for one - a thoughtful, interactive HSL detox. For our contemplative work I've chosen to weave in the philosophies of neuropsychologist and meditation teacher, Rick Hanson, PH.D., specifically his presentation of "taking in the good" from Buddha's Brain. Daily emails are sent to clients during the cleanse on how to work with taking in the good. "Much as your body is built from the foods you eat, your mind is built from the experiences you have." ~ Rick Hanson, Buddha's Brain the practical neuroscience of happiness, love & wisdom
The detox booklet contains:
- a suggested shopping list
- meal suggestions during the cleanse
- nutritional information
- recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- soul warming ginger- fennel stock
- a recipe for Vitamin B-12 intake during vegan eating if need be
- my favorite smoothie - "chocolate cake mix"
All of the recipes are for more than one serving - cook once eat two, three or four times. Try having soup for breakfast if it's ready and convenient. For more information and registration please visit my website. Starts Sunday, Jan 26. The detox booklet will be sent to you when you register. I start group support on a "secret" closed Face Book page on the 26th. Joining the group is not necessary to do the detox, but it is very helpful.
Hope to you have you join us. This detox is for all levels of experience from first timers in the kitchen to first time detoxers. No food processors or "fancy" kitchen appliances necessary. Do what you can. My cleanses are for meat and potato eaters as much as they are for vegans. Everyone learns something. :-)
"Just wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for the very inspiring and profound detox guidance. I am sure it wasn't easy guiding a group "virtually"... you've pulled it off beautifully! ... looking forward to future updates!"